Miami, South Florida
Summary of Position:
The ETL/SQL Developer – Applications Support is responsible for the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of reporting and data integration processes required for operational reporting. Duties include designing, creating, coding, and supporting of all BI related data extraction, transformation and load of data functions as well as SQL Server Reporting functions. Once implemented, this role must ensure the processes and systems run smoothly.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide complete life-cycle in designing, developing, implementing and supporting sophisticated BI data manipulation processes.
- Understand and implement solution in support of physical data models necessary to support business intelligence reporting initiatives.
- Develop, enhance and maintain SQL Stored Procedures and SSRS reports for operational reporting
- Analyze data sources and target data models
- Create and maintain technical design documentation
- Create ETL job schedules
- Proactively analyze and identify problem areas and plan/implement steps for process improvement.
- Work with the technical architect, data architect and database administrator to understand current data storage constraints and define to-be needs with growth allocation
- Plan and coordinate software upgrades and enhancements to ETL tools
- Manage and direct the task of a team with up to two resources
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience with Data Integration Solutions
- Exposure to OLAP, OLTP, Data warehouse, Data mart development, Fact and Dimensional DB designs.
- Experience in writing complex queries, Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with performance tuning of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Strong professional consulting skills and ability to communicate well at all organizational levels
- Experience in high data volume environments.
- Knowledge of other ETL tools (e.g. SAP Business Objects Data Services/Data Integrator, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, or Data Stage) is preferred
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as: SAP Business Objects, Microsoft BI Stack, IBM Cognos, Oracle OBIEE or Microstrategy is preferred